As the international market leader in Healthcare consulting services, we provide our clients with a customized project mechanism to evaluate critical factors and set a solid foundation maximizing project potential.
- Feasibility Study
- Demographic market analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Market demand
- Capability of services
- Human Resources
- Return on investment
PRE-OPERATING & MASTER PLANNING
Building Hospitals the right way
Designing of a healthcare facility to meet the end-user requirement requires full integration of the end-user in the preliminary planning phases. InterHealth Canada has been successful in diagnosing numerous hospital design and related issues and its impact on delivering the intended medical service and flexibility for future growth
- The Design Process has a Team Structure; roles and responsibilities
- Design meets operational efficiency
- Design minimises operational and clinical risk
- Equipment needs are integrated into Design
We would ensure that the medical planning of the facility would achieve operational efficiencies and facilitate the obtainment of International Accreditation
From conception design to detailed design, InterHealth Canada will be your Medical Planning Consultant/Technical Advisor. We will lead the Functional Programming process, which aims to develop program space needs, and functional relationships. This program will address both short term and long term strategic planning initiatives of the healthcare facility.
The leadership of the project will be planning and construction of hospitals, and a core team of experienced healthcare professionals will be assigned to work on the project.
Ensuring a Smooth Startup
InterHealth commissioning team will ensure all systems, equipment, staffing, policies/procedures, training, supplies, are in place to facilitate a safe, efficient and smooth start up.
The commissioning team will monitor the start-up schedule; establish milestones, flag deficiencies, and record progress. Mission critical items will be identified and the team will provide for early intervention and if necessary, shifting of resources, to all areas causing concern.
The commissioning function will ensure that a seamless process is in place to provide for maximum communication and coordination during transfer from building the hospital to operating it. Risks will be minimized and gaps identified early to ensure all essential parts are in place and interconnected to each other.
OPERATION & MANAGEMENT
Our Role …
- Policy Formulation – establish policies to provide guideance to those empowered with the responsibility to manage Hospital operations
- Decision Making – choose from alternatives which are consistent with Board policies and that advance the goals of the Hospital
- Oversight – monitor and assess organizational processes and outcomes
… and Our Responsibilities
- Defining Ends – identifying key stakeholders; establishing the vision, mission and core values; contributing to the development and approval of the strategic plan; ensuring that key goals are formulated in annual operating plans; monitoring performance against the strategic and operating plan; retaining overall accountability for our performance.
- Providing for Excellent Management – select the Administrative Director and Medical Director/Chair of the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC); establish measurable annual performance expectations; delegate responsibility and authority to have accountability to the Board: appraise/assess performance annually; provide for succession and ensure that the Administrative Director and Medical Director/Chair of the MAC establish a succession plan for management, professional staff and allied health workers.
- Ensuring Program Quality and Effectiveness – credential professional staff; ensure quality goals and performance indicators are developed for approval of the Board and monitor indicators of clinical outcomes and quality of service; ensure processes are in place for identifying, monitoring and managing risks.
- Ensure Financial Viability – ensure that key financial objectives and indicators are developed, then monitor performance against these objectives; approve the annual operating plan; ensure optimal utilization of resources and operation of the organization within its resource envelope; ensure organization undertakes financial planning for effective resource allocation
ACCREDITATION OF HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
Accreditation represents a high value, marketing tool. It is expected that when accreditation is obtained, it will strengthen the public’s confidence in the services of the facility. This, however, is only one of the benefits of obtaining accreditation. A key value of accreditation is the process itself.
Preparing for accreditation is a process that requires full process management of teams, and coordination between departments, and several dry run testings conducted prior to the actual survey itself
InterHealth Canada has succeeded in planning, preparing and achieving accreditation for both private and government hospitals.
Whether it’s through Lean, Six-Sigma, or other process improvement tools
Clinical Transformation – “where strategy and culture meet”
- Improving Patient Care Experiences
- Workflow Management
- Reducing Waste and Variation
- Employee Engagement
- Improving Supply Chain, Purchasing Power, and Logistics
- Project Re-engineering
- Infection prevention
Technological Transformation – “where electronic systems enablers elevate patient care”
Healthcare Information Technology (EHR/EMR, CPOE, Clinical Decision Support, Hospital Information Systems, IT Planning)
Healthcare Information Management (ICD 10, data collection, use, access, disclosure, and aggregate data usage)
Medical Innovation Initiatives
PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATION
InterHealth Canada brings added value and strength to any projects with its own recruitment division, InterHealth Recruitment Corporation
We ensure comprehensive credentialing, reference checking and thorough screening techniques are developed across many countries throughout the world. This minimizes the risk involved in identifying suitably qualified experienced healthcare professionals and ensures optimum return for the client/hospital in terms of recruitment costs.
Training and Development
- Knowledge transfer, skills, and abilities
- Development of core competencies
- Apprenticeship, internships, shadow programs
- Curriculum development and implementation
- Succession Planning
- Prevention and Early Detection
- Health Education Programs
- Community Care Services and Integration
- Ambulatory Services
- Primary Care
- Emergency Services
- Trauma Care
- Surgical Care
- Critical Care
- Orthopedic Services
- Women and Children
- Diabetes Care
- Home Care
- Long-Term Care
- Palliative / End-of-Life Care
Clinical Service Planning
- Defines services based on community need (evidence based)
- Specialty + sub specialty planning to support
Education & Training Plans